Join the Team
What does it mean to be part of the team at SPC? It means you’ll join a group of incredible people that have discovered their gifts and passions and are actively serving in them. From creating a comfortable environment by serving on our First Impressions Team to leading the next generation to Jesus by serving on a Student Ministries Team, to crafting a dynamic worship experience with the Programming Team, to tearing down barriers across our community by leading a Connection Group – we are a team that strives to advance the Kingdom of God.
The mission of our serving teams is to build the body of Christ by each person fulfilling their calling and serving to make an eternal difference.
- PrayerNet - Prayer is powerful. We’re looking for volunteers who will faithfully pray for South Potomac, it's leaders and shared requests every week.
- Sunday Prayer Team - This team meets prior to each service to pray for the service, those leading and those attending.
- Connection Group Leader – Encourage and pray for group members to grow in their relationship with Christ. Help facilitate an environment of mutual care, service to the community, study of God’s word and reaching out to prospective members. Training provided and required.
- Connection Groups Coach – Encourage and challenge small group leaders through one-on-one and group meetings and praying regularly for their ministry.
- Lawn Care - Assist with lawn maintenance and gardening care for our outdoor environments.
- Maintenance and Repair – Handy with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, etc.? Then you might enjoy helping with routine maintenance and minor repairs throughout our building.
- Offering Volunteers - Assist in counting and processing our offering after each service.
- Receptionist - We’re looking for welcoming smiles and pleasant voices to answer phones and greet visitors to South Potomac. No experience necessary.
- Bulletin Preparation - Are you free for a few hours on Friday afternoons? Then you’re invited to join us as we prepare worship bulletins for each weekend.
- Roadies - This team, made up of both men and women, serve in snow, rain, and sunshine to welcome guests as they park, providing assistance as necessary.
- Greeters - This team welcomes our guests with greetings from the curb to the front doors to entry into the worship center.
- Guest Services - This team works in the welcome center providing information and helping facilitate registrations or other services as needed.
- Hospitality - These volunteers assist with serving coffee and snacks each weekend.
- Ushers - Offer assistance in finding a seat, and other needs as they arise. This team also assists with offering and communion.
- Medical - Made up of healthcare professionals serving to ensure that a trained medical response is available during services or special events.
Roots - Student Ministry
- Gathering Team Leader -Strong team leaders are needed for this position to not only love students where they are, but to encourage spiritual growth and engage with students regularly.
- Small Group Leader – Are you willing to lead students by example? Responsibilities include praying for each student, preparing for small group discussions, and being available to walk through life with your students.
- Registration - Engage with students as they arrive at Roots and assist with check-in.
- Technical Arts Support - Assist with meetings through the use of lights, sound and media. Prior technical experience is helpful, but not necessary. Desire to learn required.
- Missions Team – Encourage and support our missionaries; keep us informed and encourage participation in missions as a "sender" or a “go-er.”
Grow Zone – Children's Ministry
- Elementary Small Group Leader – Invest time in a group of 8-10 kids, teaching them God made them, loves them, and wants to be their friend.
- Elementary Song Leader – Lead kids in dynamic and fun praise and worship.
- Midweek Helper – Make crafts, set up classrooms, organize and offer administrative support to Grow Zone staff during the week.
- Preschool Shepherd - Guide preschoolers through all the elements of the day, prepared for you in advance.
- Registration Check-In – Be a great first impression for Grow Zone by greeting families, using our computer check-in system to register kids, and escorting new families to their classes.
- Registration Door Host – Greet families and children with a smile, making them feel welcome while maintaining security for Grow Zone. If you’re friendly and safety-minded this is the place for you.
- Special Needs Buddy – Patient and compassionate? Special Needs Ministry pairs “buddies” with special need children. Build a relationship with your child, keep them safe and help them feel loved and welcomed.
- Sprouts Nursery Volunteer – Provide a safe, nurturing environment for babies and toddlers, help parents feel at ease, show Jesus through your attitudes and actions.
- Take Two Leader - Build relationships and play games with kids in a fun, interactive environment while their parents serve.
- Technical Arts Support – Bring the Bible to life through the use of lights, sound and media.
- Photographer - We don't want to miss a moment of what God is doing at South Potomac Church, so we need photographers to make sure these moments are captured. High-quality and creative images will be uploaded to SPC’s social media, blog and website. *Must have own equipment*
- Videographer – Videographers will attend various church events to produce high-quality videos that will be used on SPC’s social media, blogs and website. *Must have own gear*
- Technical Arts Volunteer – Interested in audio, video, lighting or presentation? Technical Arts is looking for volunteers to serve in technically relevant environments. Prior technical experience is helpful, but not necessary. Desire to learn required.
- Worship Team - Musical? South Potomac is looking for instrumentalists and singers who are dedicated to learning new music and being prepared for scheduled weekly practices and services. Experience in prior worship settings helpful, but not necessary. *Audition required*
- Drama Team - At South Potomac our goal is to use the arts to bring honor and glory to God, drama is one way we do this. Prior experience is not required.
- Dance Team - Another artistic expression of God’s glory and creativity is dance. Prior experience preferred, but not required.